Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Listening To Right Now? II
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 08:44 AM   #3209 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
Yes, it is hard to go wrong with a cello song! I don't know if there has ever been a cello piece that I've disliked.

I will now test out this hypothesis by googling 'cello song youtube' and listening to the first video that pops up:

Nick Drake - 'Cello Song'

Huh. I love the cello in it. I don't like the rest of the song very much, though...a little too soft and hectic for me. It needs more cello.

Okay, I'll try googling 'cello youtube' and listen to the first song that pops up with THAT search. And we have...

Ethan Winer - "Amazing Video of a Song Composed Entirely of 37 Cello Parts"
"video of Ethan Winer playing 37 separate cello parts to create one song. He even plays the percussion parts on his cello. It was recorded on 23 tracks using 37 plug-in effects. He spent hundreds of hours on this project so its worth a listen."

Noooooooooooo! I love cello, but I do not love this song, although it is interesting and I kind of like it, especially the moments of tremolo.

I do like the concept of exploring many of the sounds one can make with the cello, and I like that the video includes a cat with a halo. I didn't expect that. I just don't like the overall sound of the song.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 03-29-2011 at 09:05 AM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote