Music Banter - View Single Post - Strategies Against Architecture - The Avant Garde/Experimental Album Club
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 11:45 AM   #294 (permalink)
dankrsta

^I've listened to 4 Art Zoyd albums so far, but not that one. I think I've heard one track from it and it was very different from their early work.

Anyway, the voting is over. I arrived to another tie and it was on me to untie it. Konstantin Raudive interests me more, tbh, but I decided to vote for Nuclear Rabbit, because it's in the poll for too long, being one of the first suggestions.

So, this week we're listening to Nuclear Rabbit - Vicuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrd00d View Post
I too am truly excited about this club. My plate will be full of homework!

I want to nominate something more recent, sort of.

At first I wanted to nominate a Mr. Bungle or some other Mike Patton project right off, but I do feel we'll head that way someday naturally.

I want to nominate something overlooked.

I think this will be the time and place to nominate Nuclear Rabbit's first release Vicuna. It's available in all the usual internet places and on their website/the bassist's website (jeanbaudin) so despite being generally unheard of, they're not nobodies. They left a noticeable mark on California, at least, as well as attaining a worldwide audience (ya know, here and there).

I think it would be best described as a red-headed stepchild of Mr. Bungle. A kind of experimental thing. Really great lyrics when you catch them. The band knows what they're doing with their instruments. Their range of sounds is impressive. Hear it to understand. They are unique. Lyrics, photos, etc. at nuclearrabbit.co.uk as well (fansite)