Music Banter - View Single Post - Chris Benoit
Thread: Chris Benoit
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 01:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
[MERIT]
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilChuck View Post
What are you suggesting? That he was killed by someone from WWE?

If you remember, he was supposed to be at a PPV show on the sunday night, but didn't show up. The commentators said on the night that he'd had a family emergency. Its not out of the realms of possibility that he explained the severity of the emergency, and had told those in charge that his wife had died. If WWE officials (the McMahons) knew she had died because he'd told them, its not crazy to think that news spread around the headquarters quickly, with someone deciding to update the wikipedia page before it was taken down (by whom? If I was to guess, I'd say someone who thought it was a hoax like so many other celebrity deaths posted on wikipedia).

I seem to recall the reason why the police even went to the Benoit house was because of a text that had been sent to Chavo Guerrero, saying something like"someone will need to let the dogs out", which raised alarm bells in Chavo's head, calling for the police to investigate and discover the three dead bodies

Then the rest is as known. Raw was a tribute show, by the next night police had determined that Benoit himself had killed his family before killing himself, and WWE took the understandable decision to distance themselves from him.

I am of the opinion that nothing sketchy was done by anyone but Chris Benoit, who was a fantastic wrestler but ultimately will be remembered as the wrestler who killed his wife and son, before killing himself.
I'm not suggesting that the WWE had a hand in it, I'm just saying that the wikipedia post which was traced back to a computer that was used by WWE employees is a little odd, and that the police basically disregarded that fact in the investigation, belittling it as nothing more than a hoax that happened to be true.

All of Chris' correspondence with the WWE during his absence was done by text message, rather than an actual phone call. A text message could be sent by anyone using his phone and claiming to be him.

I realize that I sound like a conspiracy nut, but there are just too many inconsistancies with the story for me to accept the conclusion that the police formed about the events.

Also, the fact that this was seen as an open-and-shut case, despite all of these inconsistancies makes me all the more suspicious.

Where's the motive? I realize that Benoit's mental status was in question due to year's of head and brain trauma, but that doesn't mean that he would just go off and kill his family and himself for no reason. They had no money problems, he loved his son more than life itself, and he was happily married (according to all accounts given by family members and friends). They ruled out 'roid-rage' as he wasn't juiced up at the time. He wasn't drunk, as he had no alcohol in his blood. I just don't see any motive.

With 3 dead bodies, the only factors that they really have to go on to determine a sequence of events are the times of death. With Chris dying last, they assume he was responsible for the previous deaths/murders.

Chris sent out a text message saying that someone needed to 'come let the dogs out.' The door to his house was found unlocked when the police arrived. That's pretty convenient that there are 3 dead bodies, no motive, the families dogs are corralled and shut off from the rest of the house, and the door is found unlocked.

I'm not sure what happened, but I believe that there needs to be a more thorough investigation.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote