Music Banter - View Single Post - The Doghouse v.II
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 05:04 PM   #53 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero1986 View Post
Ha! I do admit that I used to love listening to their album Talk On Corners around 1999/2000. I remember going on a family holiday in the summer of 2000 when I was 13 and I brought that album with me to listen to on my personal CD player. There were a good few songs on it that I enjoyed quite a lot at the time. I'm not sure where the album is now, I think my older sister has it somewhere or other.

Yeah Andrea Corr was seriously hot material back in the day. She still is! Her slightly gothic image and smoldering eyes always got me.
I've just got a thing about hot brunette's with Irish accents That woman was pretty much my first celebrity crush when I were a nipper.

I don't know if I could muster the courage to listen to an actual Corrs studio album. I think the unplugged gig's good enough for me. I mean, I love the acoustic versions of So Young and Radio for instance, but almost had a panic attack when I tried to listen to the versions of them they released as singles.

Anyway, before I get on with what I feel I should post here, here's another song that's been on my mind lately;

Artist: Iggy Pop
Tuneage: Isolation

I believe I've stated my love for Iggy Pop's divisive Blah Blah Blah album of 1986. I probably won't go on too long about this one, as you can no doubt see my opinion of it every 5th post of mine around here. This is just a fantastic pop song though, and it's everything that's good about that dated, 80s pop/Trevor Horn style. Overdone as you may think the synthy backdrop, echoey drumbeat and overall production are, everytime I get round to this song on one of my daily random music binges from the bowels of my collection, I can never listen to this less than...oh, I dunno...15 times.

Now that I think about it, it's really just that chorus that does it for me. Iggy's sorrowful croon, his buddy David Bowie's fractured 'i...so...laaaaay-shun!' backing vocal, the sax that underpins it - B-E-A-utiful!

I won't pretend that Blah Blah Blah's a truly great album or anything, but it's certainly very overlooked.

So then, I thought I might as well let anyone who's particularly interested know what they can expect in the coming 2 and a half weeks from this thread. Maybe if I actually have it in writing here, I'll actually stick to my word In this next week, I'll be going over these albums;

Bitter:Sweet - The Mating Game (2006)
Kris Kristofferson - This Old Road (2006)

And in the fortnight after that;

Loretta Lynn - Van Lear Rose (2004)
ยต-Ziq - Lunatic Harness (1997)
Prince - The Gold Experience (1995)

^ Maybe not in that order exactly, but either way I know what I'll be doing this week.

There might be the odd deviation from the format in between, but that's basically the plan.

Watch this space!
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote