Music Banter - View Single Post - Religious people: what is your level of observance?
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 07:29 PM   #184 (permalink)
music_phantom13
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crukster View Post
I don't expect everyone to agree, I don't expect everyone to make nice and be friends. I don't like facades; if someone really believes that Religion in all of it's entirety, God in all of His entirety is worthless, they should admit to it instead of trying to fit in around the religious. Then, if we can get along, we get along. If we can't, why should we pretend to?
What are you on about here? If you really mean what you write in your post, why does it make a flying **** of a difference that some atheists want to get together to talk about their lack of belief in a god? And why should you have the right to judge them? I don't see what's wrong with the UUA, or being an atheist and being involved. Is it impossible for you to see that there are genuinely good people out there who want to meet and talk about making the world a better place that don't believe in any higher power? Also, the fact that atheists don't believe in a higher power doesn't mean that some of them might not want to get together to search for a meaning in life. I'm sorry for what I'm about to say because I know you will most likely take it wrong and be offended, but that's really what all religion is about - developing good morals and finding a meaning for the chaos that is life. Some just choose to do the same thing that you and I do with religion without looking to a spiritual being. There's much bigger concerns today with religious groups than there are atheists. We tend to cause quite a lot of big controversies; I don't see much with atheism.
music_phantom13 is offline   Reply With Quote