Music Banter - View Single Post - The American Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 12:27 AM   #960 (permalink)
Thom Yorke
Music Addict

Haha nah man, I think you're sugar-coating it.

- Their starting QB is a 6th round pick of last year that was drafted as a receiver.

- Their secondary is a mess; the only good players are Winfield (getting older), and Griffin (always injured).

- There are huge question marks with the receiving core. Rice is testing the free agent market and Harvin is questionable to start every week. Berrian has fallen off the face of the earth.

- The O-line is terrible. McKinnie has been dreadful the past two years, Hutch isn't the same, and the hole that Birk left couldn't be filled. Loadholt lacks the mobility to deal with even moderately quick edge-rushers, and takes like 50 penalties a game.

- Pat Williams is leaving which puts a big hole in the defense. The Williams Wall defined that defense for years. Plus Kevin Williams might be suspended.

Basically what this team is is the unquestioned best back in the NFL (who can't be fully utilized because of how bad the O-line and passing attack are) and a very solid front 7 on defense (although even that will take a hit with Williams and possibly Edwards leaving).

And the worst thing is that this is a pretty old team. There isn't alot of hope right now.

As for Young I'm hoping they don't go for him. I'm not a fan of athlete-first QBs. Webb is one, Tavaris Jackson basically was one. I want them to build around a conventional QB. Those are the guys you win with.
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote