Music Banter - View Single Post - What defines punk?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 04:02 AM   #10 (permalink)
Howell
Groupie

Number of things...

1. Image - D.I.Y, Like Trousers Like Brain, I mean if I saw someone walking down my street with Hate and War on the back of their jacket or someone I knew who cut his hair and dyed it and wore trousers with gloss paint all over it... that would mean something to me
2. The attitude - I mean you have to have attiude to be a punk rocker this whole "I don't give a s**t" and "Don't like than tough s**t" but there has to be the combination of attitude and intelligence in my opinion in what makes a great punk band like The Clash because they had attitude but they had some strong political thoughts and both combined was truly sensational!
3. The Music - Loud, fast, the guitar solo parody (aka they don't last 3 mins or whatever) and above the lyrics need to reach the audience and get them to think more about life rather about their ex-girlfriend or the girl next door if you get my meaning..

IGNORE ALIEN ORDERS PEOPLE!