Music Banter - View Single Post - Religious people: what is your level of observance?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 06:25 AM   #214 (permalink)
crukster
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
I can't stop mortality from happening, but I can try to prevent or reduce suffering and and I can try not to contribute to suffering.

That's how my 'faith' as a strong atheist manifests itself: if there is no heaven, no god, no life after death, then I want to try to make this life that we *know* exists a little more "heaven-like." So then, instead of discussing what heaven might be like after death, I can discuss and debate what I feel heaven on earth *before* death would be like, and how we can work together to help more beings experience "heaven on earth" in the here and now.
In general I agree with what you're saying tbh, I read your whole post but I'm gonna quote this bit cos I like in particular what you said, that's very admirable, I can understand and respect that. That's what I try to do, or hope to try to do in Life as well, even though I believe in Heaven, (or the "Afterlife" anyway at least.)

I believe but I don't know, I haven't died and seen it, yet. So the best bet is to make this Life as good and full as possible, I understand people have different ways of going about that. Personally it's about finding the fullest things, the most fulfilling. I assume other people do too and so it bugs me when I see people doing things which are a bit weak or lame, and it bugs me even more when they can't even back it up but don't wanna hear me out. Maybe that's fascist I dunno, hardline, I want everyone to be like me. But I believe what I know is Right, even if I am flawed in my application the methodology is right. And I think for a lot of people if they heard out the methodology, it would work for them, and hell, they'd probably have a lessed flawed application because it's a direct explanation and understanding, it comes without the sht

This is a bit of a ramble again, but basically, yeah I feel the term atheists, well firstly

1. I do believe in something so as a Man I disagree with the foundation of atheism

2. But speaking from a larger viewpoint, they're not making the most of their ideas, they're not fulfilling themselves as "atheists" and what it is they're saying by calling themselves atheists. even non-theist doesnt bother me as much. Even if it did break down into tooth and claw actual war, well what sort of an enemy are you fighting where they dont care if they win? I at least want my enemies to be a challenge.

But A-theist...its a total disregard for theism. I dont believe space crocodiles exist, btu I dont totally disregard it, cos it wont matter when its standing in front of me, all that'll matter is getting out of its jaws.

If it's a total disregard you have to stand by that.

Maybe you're right and it means more to me than the atheists. But what would that tell you?

Why declare an outright splitting of the cosmos and then act like theres no meaning to it?
crukster is offline   Reply With Quote