Music Banter - View Single Post - Jazz Drummers
Thread: Jazz Drummers
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 10:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

Default Jazz Drummers

Note: Searched for a thread of the topic, and came up with nothing. If there is one, feel free to combine this thread with it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, as you all may, or may not, know I'm a fan of Jazz. I'm not super knowledgeable of the genre but like the sound of it, and have reversed engineered to finding some of my favorite musicians of all time(Ornette Coleman, Sun Ra, Miles Davis). But, one thing that's always been one of my favorite aspects of Jazz is the percussion. It's so complex, and varied compared to rock. So sophisticated, and intricate.

Lately, I've been getting into Elvin Jones, and have always been somewhat vaguely into Ronald Shannon Jackson. I'm curious, what other Jazz drummers are there out there that you guys like? Personally, I feel the art of jazz percussion is one of it's very own.

Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote