Music Banter - View Single Post - How different of a person would you be without music?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 11:50 AM   #69 (permalink)
Husky McDump
No Shirt

9.5 years of guitar playing would go right out the window which is the most important thing in my life. So many hours of boredom taken care of, and a very productive and fulfilling hobby. Writing music is so much fun. But if music was completely gone, or not even at the forefront of my life I probably would have excelled at hockey more than I did, or track possibly. I don't think I would be a person that I would want to be around though. Sports made me quite an angry person, full of jealousy over losing my spot on the 1st line on my hockey team, or causing a turnover that lost the game. My selfishness overshadowed the concept of a team sport. Music has always been my best friend, a friend that has never once turned it's back on me (although some artists seem to have done so...a.k.a. Against Me!) or not held its end of the "relationship". Hockey has let me down, humans have let me down, I have let myself down, but music does not let me down.