Music Banter - View Single Post - NBA thread
Thread: NBA thread
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 01:12 PM   #885 (permalink)
CHCl3
Desinigga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
I don't think the Knicks are a good team. A lot of the public had higher expectations than they should have after the Melo trade. They gave away a lot of their key guys and are pretty thin right now. Mid-season blockbusters like that take time for guys to gel together and it doesn't happen in the middle of the season but I think we all realize that. Maybe the average fan doesn't. BUT I'd still rather play the 76ers than the Knicks in the 1st round. They should both lose in 5 games but you never know when a guy like Melo could just go off for 45. Knicks have two guys that can take over a game. They don't play any defense... Mike D'Antoni as coach so big surprise there!!! Personally I'd just much rather play the 76ers, they've improved A LOT (Doug Collins!) but I watch a good amount of their games since I am in the Philly area and there is no way they scare anyone in the playoffs. They still have a ways to go, too much is put on Iguodala and all their scoring comes of slashing. And they need a PG upgrade, it's a guards league and they lack them. The thing that makes Knicks more scary to me than the 76ers is IF they can get it to a close game at the end, they have two guys who aren't afraid to take the big shots down the stretch and can make them. Iggy can do it too but when Melo gets an isolation he is unstoppable, he has one of the 3 best mid-range games in the NBA (Bryant, Pierce)
My bad for misreading your post a bit. I just had an argument with other fans thinking that the Knicks will magically "turn it on" during the playoffs because they will actually care more than they did before and thought you were coming from that perspective.

The rest of what you said I have no real issue with although I believe the Sixers have a deeper team which will help them in a playoff series which is more like a marathon than a sprint while the Knicks have nothing beyond the starting lineup.
CHCl3 is offline   Reply With Quote