Music Banter - View Single Post - NBA thread
Thread: NBA thread
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 04:39 PM   #887 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozinbloozin View Post
How about the double header for tonight? Celtics vs Spurs and my Lakers vs Mavericks. You would think being from Texas I would at least like one of the three teams we have. Ive just never liked any of the players enough to develop any kind of fondness for the teams. There was a time when Rodman played for the Spurs I cheered them on but that was forever ago. Since ive always liked Kobe I pull for the Lakers.

Anyway anybody have any predictions on who they think will win out of the two matchups tonight? Im not up to speed on the Boston, Spurs battles. As far as who has won the last time time or any time they have have met this year. I know Boston is showing signs of kind of tapering off again kind of like they did last season at the end. I like watching Rondo play and have always been a Garnett fan as well. Again im not familiar enough with either to know how they match up as far as what type offense they run. So ill just pull for Boston I guess for now. I do know that trade they made earlier in the year could quite possibly be coming back to haunt them.

As far as the Mavericks and Lakers im sure this game should be up in the 100's. As long as Bynum puts out the effort he has been as of late and their bench keeps up with Dallas. I dont see any reason for the Lakers not to win. Kobe getting his usual 20 or 30 points with some assists and boards as well. Artest playing some good d as he has been since the break. Along with Gasol working it from the post I just dont think the Mavs are capable of matching up. Again though their strongest point to me is what they have coming off the bench. Terry may as well be starting as well as he plays along with some others. They seem to be deep at every position so if their going to stay in it or win. Thats where their going to have win it imo.
I was actually gonna mention Rodman before even reading your post. I might have ranted about him before, I can't remember. But he is one of my all-time favorites. Just the little things he did that were crazy or immature are things you'll never see again. Awesome rebounder and defender, hardly anyone took as much pride in those little things as Rodman. I love The Worm.

Man, the Boston VS Spurs matchup is really tough. Duncan, parker, and Ginobili have all been out and the Spurs have lost like 4 in a row. Boston has lost like 3 out of 4 but it should be a great game tonight. Both teams have had a few days to rest. If ANY one of Duncan, Parker, or Ginobili are hurt, I am taking Boston. I love the Spurs to win at home but they have struggled so much without those three guys. So if any one of those guys is out, I am taking Boston.

Lakers win by 9 tonight. Lakers always turn it on at the end of the season when they have to. They know it's a televised game and everything is clicking for them right now. Bynum is an absolute beast, if he was on any other team he would easily be scoring 20+ per game and grabbing 10+ rebounds. Lakers have too much size and will get the job done. I love Dirk though, guy is a hall of famer for sure and so tough to guard but Lakers have so much size and I can't see them losing at home. At dallas i'd take the Mavs but Lakers win by 8 or 9 tonight
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote