Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 05:15 PM   #3328 (permalink)
Nosferatu Man
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
Jordan Henderson was the player I wanted to keep a hold of more than anybody. I would have sooner seen Bruce sell Bent, Gordon, Gyan or anyone for that matter. He's not quite looked up to scratch however over the last two or three months. He is still hopefully going to be a quality player though. Capello played him in defensive midfield for his England debut, which is somewhere he hadn't played before. He had a very quiet game but from his time in the Premiership up to now I can say that he really doesn't look as though he is going to be a defensive midfielder.

James Milner has indeed had an unsuccessful run at Man City, and has looked out of form. He looked very impressive at Villa and I was happy to see him in the England team, I had been waiting for Capello to call him up. I guess it'll be interesting to see if he can find his form again.

Also what about Leighton Baines? I'm wondering if Capello will begin to start him at left back? He's having a much better season than Cole is. Maybe even start Baines at left back and Cole at left midfield? It's not like we have a particularly impressive one. I mean, Young can play there but he seems much better when he's allowed to play in the hole behind the striker(s).
A Sunderland fan? What do you make of David Meyler? I played underage footie with him.
Nosferatu Man is offline   Reply With Quote