Music Banter - View Single Post - Last Bought
Thread: Last Bought
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 07:36 PM   #1039 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

23" Asus LCD monitor, 2ms response GTG
Intel Core i7 960 quad core processor @ 3.2 ghz, (which I will overclock to 4, at least)
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 CPU cooler
Asus Sabertooth X58 motherboard, LGA 1366, with SATA III and USB 3
MSI Twin Frozr NVIDIA GTX 560TI 256 bit graphics card with 1GB GDDR 5 RAM
12 Gigs G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 RAM, for use in triple channel mode, at 1600Mhz, overclockable
2 WD Caviar Black 500GB 7200 RPM HDDs, ready for RAID (which I'll put in RAID 0), 32MB cache each drive
650 watt Corsair PSU
Standard CD/DVD RW combo drive
Bought another CoolerMaster mid ATX tower as my last. (has great cooling options and space)
Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit (OEM)
And a couple SATA II cables

Total: 1,547.51

I feel like I'm robbing a bank. My current computer, after I put it together, cost me 1,200 dollars in 2007, and 4 years later, it's sub-par for even a crap computer you could buy at Walmart now days, as far as technology is concerned. But it still plays games like a champ. I gotta pat it on the mobo for that. This is my first upgrade from that.
Thankfully, I got a guy who wants to buy the old system. I'll see if I can sneak in one of my old 20" monitors for like 75 bucks more, seeing as I'll be replacing it with the new 23" for main.

Funnily enough, absolutely none of the dollar amount is coming out of my bank account. Thanks to the good-hearted tax payers, I simply went to school while not working, and qualified to get free money! Thank you guys! I will use the new computer in every one of you working American's honor.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote