Music Banter - View Single Post - I Don't Get It?
Thread: I Don't Get It?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 09:33 PM   #65 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
She was referring to me cause it got under her skin a little bit that I mentioned her in my post. It's the only example I can think of where someone on MB corrected me but I've seen it happen to others. In my example though she was using the "HAY DATS NOT A WORD HERP DERP" to try to make me look dumb and invalidate the point I was making in the thread. An attempt that failed, and I don't think it's the style of most grammar Nazis to do that. It just makes no sense to me to correct the spelling of someone else in basically any situation. 99% of the time it's obvious what they were trying to say, so don't be an English teacher about it.

Point being, people who correct grammar and spelling are assnapkins.
That's happens to me before when I make spelling mistakes. It seems people here on MB like to correct my spelling or/and grammar. I think there are times when it's done the person is being pretentious and they e-peening of their knowledge of the spelling skills, writing skills or English language in general. Sometimes it's done tongue in cheek. (The "N" in Nazis btw should be copatilized, well at least according to that "ass napkin" spell-check thing.)

(If you are trying to get under each other skin, maybe you like each other.)

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote