Music Banter - View Single Post - Lil B
Thread: Lil B
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 11:17 PM   #19 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post
Why does he have to be as equally "talented" as other musicians to poke fun at them?

Did every sports commentator have to be athletic? Or any critique? It's a weird standard.

I don't know how you got the impression i thought ODB was putting on an act, that dude robbed a liquor store on camera.

All i'm saying is weird characters like Lil B have plenty of room in the genre, and might have more positive influence then would seem.

If lil b was just a worse version of soulja boi why would producers like 9th wonder be drawn to him? or fellow cult humorists like andy milonakis? Those dudes haven't given fiftytyson love, or mtvriffraff, trust me they'res plenty of people who appear to be like lil b.

9th wonder is in the industry, and talented, and so by your logic that puts him in a good position to judge, as he, as well as many artists, many outside of hip hop, have openly supported lil b.

Editing and shooting a new video everyday takes work. He actually picks some pretty interesting locales, and edits them better then half the video's official rappers have of themselves at the strip club or whatever.
Well the way I view it is sports announcers or movie critics are in their own business. They aren't competing with the players or actors or whatever. Lil B is a rapper who is making fun of other rappers, but can't even rap himself. It's like a high school bench-warmer posting videos everyday dissing LeBron James.

His videos are pretty good sometimes, I'll say that. And as for guys working with him, it's cause they see him on the rise and about to be more popular to the general public and everyone is gonna make a good dollar off it. It's a shame 9th wonder wastes beats on him, but guarantee he is getting PAID. I just don't think the "joke" is that funny, or funny enough to warrant him being so popular. It's just a guy with no talent who makes fun of other guys with no talent and I don't see the appeal to be honest.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote