Music Banter - View Single Post - Favourite love song?
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 12:33 AM   #408 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Gosh, I've been listening to this song, "I hope this gets to you," by The Daylights, several times after Holly posted it in another thread, and I've really been enjoying it.

I like how personal this love song feels...it is a song about a specific person...and I love how the song feels to me like fireworks look. I also like the shoegaze quality of the song, which sometimes offers a big wash of effervescent sound. And I appreciate that they make the drum beats sound like heartbeats, which are one of the primal aspects of any kind of drum-based rock music, but here the drums are used directly and intentionally to mimic the sound of a heartbeat.

Finally, I like its message. The reaching out in the song is very sweet. A short, sweet love song with a cool video. Thank you, Holly984, for bringing this song to my attention (without realizing you were doing so)! I really like it. It gives me chills.

The Daylights - "I hope this gets to you"

And here's the interesting story behind this love song, which was posted as a surprise for the girlfriend who eventually found it on her Facebook news feed after the video received so many views!

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 04-01-2011 at 01:03 AM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote