Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Cribs! - Members, Show Everyone Around Your Pad
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 06:50 PM   #267 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_k View Post
I wouldn't advise you putting your PC (and is that a playstation?) next to your speakers because of magnetic radiation and vibration from playing (loud) music
Maybe the vibration thing could be a factor, but the magnetic thing? lol... dude that's some oldschool right there. Unless the guy is using floppies, he doesn't have to worry about his hard drive or anything. You could plop a magnet right onto a hard drive case and it won't do anything. It takes quite a bit of magnetic force to change the polarity of any given point on a magnetic drive. That's why when you see those movies where someone runs a big magnet across their drives like a "degausser" before they speed away being chased by the FBI, if you're not laughing at the inaccuracy, then that movie was made for you.

I'm unsure about any other components. I can speak from experience that I have no issues with my 2 large studio monitors with 8" subwoofer drivers being positioned not 2 inches from either side of my LCD monitors, and I never had any issues with my PC when it was right next to one of them. Dunno about the speakers in question, but mine can put out some db, and I never had any issues with them vibrating anything.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote