Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Cribs! - Members, Show Everyone Around Your Pad
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 08:36 PM   #272 (permalink)
s_k
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Maybe the vibration thing could be a factor, but the magnetic thing?
Well I'm not worried about the hard drive, but as far as I'm concerned it somehow doesn't seem like a good idea to put a magnet close to your computer. Not sure why though. So you may be right.

Quote:
I'm unsure about any other components. I can speak from experience that I have no issues with my 2 large studio monitors with 8" subwoofer drivers being positioned not 2 inches from either side of my LCD monitors, and I never had any issues with my PC when it was right next to one of them. Dunno about the speakers in question, but mine can put out some db, and I never had any issues with them vibrating anything.
A subwoofer is a single woofer that's made to produce only the lowest of low tones. If it's embedded in your monitors, it's just a woofer .
I don't think LCD monitors give a crap about electromagnetic radiation. The time monitors turned purple and green when you put a magnet next to them is long gone (fortunately, I love me flatscreens). But as far as vibrations go... Well I can't really remember your picture that well, but I remember you having your speakers on stands or something? I'm not sure. I hope they are.
It really helps improve your sound if you put your speakers on decent stands. Preferrably on the floor. My speakers in my 'studio' are on the floor, I made holes through my table. They are on very heavy stands made of stone .
When you put them on your table, your whole table will resonate and everything from lower midrange to sub-bass will be influenced. When you mount them on the wall, you will loose most of your lower frequencies.
You probably already knew that, but I felt like I should point it out nonetheless. You never know who reads this .

I can tell for sure that hard drives are sensitive to vibrations. I know a local drive-in DJ who has his hard drives on cushions because the vibration of the music he plays caused them to break down all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Sexy computer, I want a desktop computer so I can have the ghrtz to play all my computer games!
Altough a lot of Ghz's may be welcome, they are nothing without a decent video card. But hey, you'll need a desktop computer for that too. So what holds you back? .