Music Banter - View Single Post - Nu Metal
Thread: Nu Metal
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 06:17 AM   #63 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psem5 View Post
Not industrial the genre I mean some of the sounds used sound literally industrial as in from industry. The echoing metallic sounds and the ambience.
I see your point and in those respects I might agree that slipknot, linkin park and korn are similar but never system. They had some slightly hip hop like beats but their music as a whole seemed to come from a completely different direction as if their music just happened to develop around the same time. I think they are too unique to label as Nu-metal.
It is a personal thing. When I think Nu-metal I always think of linkin park, limp biskit and papa roach etc. and I see them as kind of cheesy and poppy. I would likely here their songs in the charts. I never heard system, slipknot or korn in the charts
At a stretch Korn are similar especially recent korn and if slipknots tracks were slower maybe but not system.
Really? SOAD had three number one albums and was the first band since the Beatles to release two chart-topping albums in the US in the same year. Slipknot has had three albums in the top ten. And ten of Korn's releases have made the top ten. All three of these bands have had numerous platinum releases, many of them even went multi-platinum.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote