Music Banter - View Single Post - Health and fitness thread
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 08:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Howell
Groupie

Diet wise, I have completely cut out chocolate, milk and unnecessary junk food unless it is a special occasion or whatever, put it this way after my sandwich at lunch I would then have a dairy milk chocolate bar followed by a walkers packet of crisps and a can of diet coke

That's another thing, FIZZY DRINKS AFFECTS YOUR KIDNEY FUNCTIONS (Declines by 30%) if you drink two or more fizzy drinks a day (INCLUDING DRINKS WITH THE WORD 'DIET' IN THEM!)

My biggest give up though was Milk, milk is found in a lot of products and I have cut back especially in my tea and of course foods such as Cheese, Butter, Biscuits heck quite a lot of foods contain milk and I use A LOT OF BUTTER and CHEESE, so I have cut out Butter and Cheese from the diet... which is a lil weird but it's not the end of the world.

I only drink water now (and tea which has no milk) and i drink orange juice now and then and of course the 1 or 2 alcoholic beverages

I go to the gym at least 3-4 times a week with a scheduled program of what I am going to do, usually 7-9 mins doing cardio and then move onto the weights either working on chest, back, shoulders or legs. Of course what you have to take in consideration, those people who go everyday don't get enough out of their gym workouts because you need to give your muscles time to heal, and of course if you are working your chest, you are still using your shoulder muscles so when it comes to shoulders the next day, your shoulders are gonna be racking in pain and screaming "WHY NOT TOMORROW!? I NEED MORE REST!!!"

I am trying to put on weight obviously cos i go down the gym and wanna 'bulk up' but I am scared of eating too much or eating too much fatty foods, my friends tell me I should get on the protein shakes which are like 500 calories each! I dunno but the idea is there for me to try it out and my friend has offered to give me a free shake to see how i get on...