Music Banter - View Single Post - Health and fitness thread
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 12:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
CanwllCorfe
Quiet Man in the Corner

At one point I was 195 pounds and no muscle, but I've definitely come a long way. Now that I have access to a gym (my college's), I am on a cloud. I didn't work out all winter, unfortunately, but I'm back on track now. I actually surprised myself! I ended up being able to do weight amounts that I've never been able to before. I only have 90lbs worth, so I'm quite limited.

As for the side muscles, I believe you're referring to the obliques. I usually do wipers, of which there's 2 variations.

I do the hanging ones, cause it feels weird to do it on a floor. If you Google oblique exercises, there are TONS.

As for the wing muscles, I believe you're referring to the Latissimus Dorsi, or just "lats".

Chin ups/pull ups are the most well known lat exercises, as well as the lat pulldown (it's even in the name). I could post others, but I'd just be Googling them. I stick with chin ups/pull ups and the pulldowns.

And as for shoulders, I THINK you're referring to the deltoids (shown in red).

For them you can do lateral raises, front raises, shoulder presses, and upright rows.

CanwllCorfe is offline   Reply With Quote