Music Banter - View Single Post - The Photography Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 08:16 PM   #805 (permalink)
holly984
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connair View Post
Some stuff I just developed. The one with jesus in it is actually to photos slapped together.
Wow! Very nice pics Connair! I like them alot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaqarbal View Post
That's a very good picture. I love how it shows tenderness through the dog's gaze.

BTW, this is an interesting topic: How to photograph animals.

* Problem #1: They move (obviously). If he/she is your mascot, you can (or at least try to) order him/her to be still. I don't have any mascot, so my "photographic targets" are street cats. And since they use to be skittish, final results are usually blurred photos. Anyway, two weeks ago I managed to capture this moment:

Doubly difficult, because it was night. Very slowly, I put the camera (with a pocket tripod) on the pavement, adjusted the zoom and shot.

* Problem #2: The autofocus. For example, I took this picture a few days ago:

What does the camera focus on? The cat or the weeds in front of him?. I'm afraid the feline is not as clear as I'd like. Now I understand what you meant, S.K.:

Thanks Zaqarbal And yes, photographing pets/animals is definitely not the easiest thing to do, lol. Usually I try to get my dogs when they are not jumping around, hehe. I have a few more that I'll dig out and post.

And what cute cat pics there! I love the two dog ones you posted also, hehe! It was neat to see the dog howling, then happy when his owner came. Told a little story
holly984 is offline   Reply With Quote