Music Banter - View Single Post - 7 U.N Workers Killed by Afghans in response to Koran Burning.
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 08:03 AM   #17 (permalink)
crukster
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
I don't care that they burned a Koran. Burn as many as you like I don't care. Not even as a Christian do I care if people burn Bibles which I'm
sure they are doing. Do I want people to burn Bibles? Of course not but I'm
not going to kill them because they do. The problem with the Dove Outreach Center isn't so much that they burned the Koran. It's that they
made such a big deal out of it. Why? Because they wanted a reaction
and a reaction they did get.
That's true that they just want a reaction man, but who cares - what sort of a World would we be living in where people didn't react to atrocities?

That's what it is in my view, it's bad. If you burn a person's Holy Book, you're burning every person who follows it. How can you then talk about freedom of belief and World community etc., you can't, you haven't got any grounds. How can you talk about equality, and rights and all that other bull****? You can't. So how can you then say, "it's my right to freedom of expression to burn this book"?

Well, you can't. Why should we uphold someones right to attack someone else's rights/ beliefs? Why is it their right to burn it, but it's not a Muslim's right to defend it?
crukster is offline   Reply With Quote