Music Banter - View Single Post - 7 U.N Workers Killed by Afghans in response to Koran Burning.
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 08:49 AM   #25 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by crukster View Post
I wouldn't begrudge them for trying, I don't live my life in fear of anyone man.

If you thought I was attacking, then you misunderstood me. Firstly, I was not attacking, if I wanted to attack what would be the point in using words and discussing, I would have just outright insulted you and said I think you're a ****ing idiot and atheism is bull****, and stop typing there. If I wanna write that I'd write that, but I didn't do that, I was trying to make a platform for discussion.
Looks like you missed my point once again. For starters, the way you talked about it could definitely be viewed as an attack. Which is fine, you have a right to your opinions just like I have a right to mine. The point is that people don't have a right to defend their beliefs with physical violence.

Quote:
Secondly, if the non-religious are actually non-religious, how is there even anything for me to disrespect, I dont understand. I apologise if I'm wrong man but you seem like a textbook "atheist". When it suits you it's a belief, but when the weight is on, it's nothing, just a loosely affiliated group of non-believers. It's a smoke screen.
I'm confused as to why you think that religious people have a monopoly on having beliefs. There are beliefs in this world that are non-religious in nature.

And I think I'm very consistent in how I view atheism actually. The problem here is that you're hanging on so tight to your misperceptions of it that you can't understand when someone explains it to you.

Quote:
But I wasn't talking about killing anyway, I was talking about defending.

I also think it says something, the way you interpreted that.
I'm glad you clarified that. You do understand, though, that when you come into a conversation about people killing over religious beliefs and announce that people have a right to defend their beliefs, that it sounds a lot like you're justifying the killing, right?

Quote:
The point I was making was that they have no right to burn it in the first place.
Well in a society that values free speech he actually does have a right to burn it. He's still an asshole for doing so though.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote