Music Banter - View Single Post - Ethan's Favorite Sound Waves
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 10:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Husky McDump
No Shirt

Default Ethan's Favorite Sound Waves

I decided that I will be posting my favorite music, album reviews, lyrics, guitar licks, pictures and everything else that deals with the sound waves I like so much.

I will be theming my posts.

To start off my journal...

Three favorite genres that are not alike in any way:

#1 - Progressive House
I love prog house very, very, very much. I am envious of many producers in the genre for their ability to set an environment that engulfs you with massive sound.

#2 Hardcore Punk/Shread-Punk
I used to be deeply obsessed with metal about 6-7 years ago. Didn't really have a lot of respect for the punk genre since most of the riffs were quite easy to play and kind of messy sounding. Although over time I grew to enjoy raw-power punk, I first became interested in shread/hardcore punk around the 8th grade. Two albums changed it all for me: A Wilhelm Scream - Mute Print and Propagandhi - Today's Empires, Tomorrow's Ashes.

#3 Hip-Hop
Another genre that I didn't have much respect for earlier on in my life. This genre took me until Junior year of high school to get into fully. I was quite ignorant to hip-hop never exposing myself to the underground artists simply from the distaste of the main-stream artists that I had heard. One day I was hanging out with a friend that showed me the song Full Clip by: Gangstarr. Absolutely loved it, since then I have been working on exposing myself to the genre finding my favorite lyricist - MF DooM.

Last edited by Husky McDump; 04-07-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Husky McDump is offline   Reply With Quote