Music Banter - View Single Post - Japanese Music
Thread: Japanese Music
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 03:40 PM   #140 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Duce View Post
sigh! I'm wrong then, here you go:-

suddenly I have a craving to play the SNES/Super Famicom
A minute in - Nothing interesting, nothing bad. Yet.

Ooh, first change, first guitar part...This could be very good actually. Liking this flute line.

Drums are building...

SYNTH AND GUITAR YERRR

Ouch, midi brass...captain comedown has arrived.

Oh good its gone, replaced by quite good progression...this guitar needs to get doing some more though...

Hmmm....quiet bit...didn't feel as though it built up enough to really need a comedown like this, lets see where it goes... a piano break...with flamenco feel? Waaaat?

GUITARS COME BACK IN HELL YES! OMINOUS NOISES! CLASHING! WHAMMY SCREAMS! YAY!

OK now its trying to sound imperious but its failing because of their samples limitations...more guitar...very baroque here. Breaking down into...

Synth part in 6/4...not tremendously interesting and these low rent samples are starting to bug me...

nothing interesting going on just more buildup... more buildup... etc. I am now at 5:22

More imperiousness, not very big sounding compared to what came before so the effect is largely lost.

FINALLY! Some faster bits! The tempo was ruining my day!

And then nothing, and back to the same tempo...why didn't that part last longer? It was the best bit so far! More boring synth rubbish!

Drums kick back in...not really doing anything for me here... guitar solo is weakly produced... that awful midi brass is back...

UGH, and the ULTIMATE COPOUT - ENDING ON A FADE INSTEAD OF FINISHING THE SONG.

Overall - 6/10 composition, 3/10 production.

Would not illegally stream again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote