Music Banter - View Single Post - Regarding the future of religion
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 10:42 PM   #132 (permalink)
Buzzov*en
Anxiety Hangover

Quote:
Originally Posted by oojay View Post
I have read the King James Bible from Genesis to Revelation. I have read the Quran and the Torah. I have read hundreds of Hindu Vedas, some Tripitakas from the Theravedas of the Buddhists, as well as having studied numerous Biblical apocrypha. I am not saying this to try to impress you, I am saying this to try to convey to you that I am not ignorant to religion.

I'm not claiming to have all the facts and knowledge of religion and it's efficacy and practices. I can only speak from my own personal experiences with religion, and from the research that I have done.

Religion boils us all down to the smallest possible factors, which are truly the largest factors in life. Why are we here? Where did we come from? What is our purpose?

These thoughts are on the mind of every human being at one time or another. Religion helps us to fill in the holes. It gives us a history of ourselves, and most importantly, a goal. Religion gives people something to believe in, and allows them to congregate with others who have a like point of view. It gives life a purpose.
Religion is just a creation to TRY and explain the unexplainable That is all. There is no purpose in life.

Save the environment, shoot yourself in the head.
And when there is no hope I'll smoke some crack I'll shoot some dope.
Buzzov*en is offline   Reply With Quote