Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Rap Artists
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 02:37 PM   #622 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abearmauledme View Post
When you listen to a rap album, at least 50% needs to be attributed to the producer. A great producer can make an average emcee sound great, but a great emcee will have a very difficult time making an average producer sound any better than that: average. The beat provides the mood and energy (at least a portion of it) to a song and should not be discounted when listing your favorite rap artists, because chances are, quite a few of your favorite rappers are your favorite because of the beats they use. Without the guy behind the MPC, all you'd have is spoken word poetry.
I disagree.

When coming up with your list of your favorite rapper, you should consider their pure skill alone as if they didn't have a beat in the background. If he was rocking his lyrics acapella. Would he still sound good based off of his flow/cadence, lyrical content and overall skill.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote