Music Banter - View Single Post - The Doghouse v.II
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 03:37 PM   #61 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

^ It's reasons like that that I sometimes wish I was older!

I've heard about how the remnants of Joy Division finished the last tour as Joy Division, and I'm really glad they carried on, otherwise some of the best music I've ever heard would never have been made. Of course we'll never know for sure, but I agree that had Curtis lived longer albums like Lowlife and Brotherhood, and of course Movement (which is basically a given) would've been recorded, but I find it hard to believe that others like Technique and Republic (two of my favourite albums of all time) would've seen the light of day. As I say though, who knows!

With the exception of their swansong Waiting For the Siren's Call, I think there's a pretty consistent level of quality that runs through New Order's discography too. It's a shame that they went out on such a bad album, and it broke my heart to admit that how awful it was when I first got hold of it (being quite the NO fan back then, more so than I am now). I did absolutely love Get Ready though, and songs like this one here just go to show that even when they were old, wrinkly and banging out what should've been a pretty boring album, they were inexplicably good at their jobs.

^ I mean, it was far from one of their best albums, but not only is that song one of their absolute finest, but it's still just a really consistent album, and one of my favourite summertime albums for sure.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote