Music Banter - View Single Post - The Send Someone Something They Dont Listen To but May Like Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 04:46 PM   #560 (permalink)
CHCl3
Desinigga

Album : Consider the Birds

Artist : Woven Hand

Sent By: dankstra

After sitting on this for a few weeks (I kept on listening to three songs repeatedly) I am pretty impressed with this album. I came into the album expecting it to be the typical country album that I would find on CMT or even the old school stuff especially since it was a Christian album (I am an elitist Yankee Atheist ). However I was really impressed with how different and dark it was for a religious album.

Usually when dark influences are used by Christian Metal bands it makes the religious message of the songs sound silly but the gothic influences Woven Hand used were perfect in highlighting the message rather than detract from it. The best example of this was in the song "To Make a Ring" where the grimness of the music really brought about the message of Hell really well.

The album also brought about more outside influences were a pleasant surprise. I even heard what seemed to be African drums at the start of one song. If only the rest of country could catch up to this and start expanding to gain some individuality and personality.

Overall while it may not be something in my comfort zone I will be keeping it in my Ipod for a few listens when I am bored of rap and metal.
CHCl3 is offline   Reply With Quote