Music Banter - View Single Post - Please welcome your new mod...
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 03:11 AM   #56 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Thanks for the kind words guys!

And grats with the job, Pedestrian I'm sure you'll do just fine!

Since it seems this has become my goodbye-mod-team thread, I can add that it's been a pleasure to serve the community and I hope that it's something I can go back to doing in the future should I like to. There are some things I don't like so much about MB, but they're mostly about the administration. I like to improve things and many of the problems on MB are things we can work on, for example by running an album club to make sure there's something here for people who like a certain kind of music, write a guide, change the number of forums or whatever. When there's something I think we should be able to change, but can't because there's no support from admin, then I start to get frustrated. Maybe the site will change hands or administration will change their way of running MB in the future and posibly I might apply for a mod position if that day comes, but for now I'm turning that frustration into productivity elsewhere!

As for the current mod team, they're a keen bunch with a collectively strong sense of morale and I think they do a fine job. I was more of a guide-writing, thread-creating kind of moderator and disciplining wrongdoers is a job I was never good at or fond of doing consistently. It truly is a thankless job while writing guides and so on is generally not, so all the mods really deserve more credit than they get. Although we've had a few disagreements (secret arguments in the mod threads), it's been a pleasure working with you guys!

Even though disciplining members is not easy, it's something the mod team has always done. What's even harder, I think, is coming up with ways to reward the people who make up our community and improve the site beyond mere efforts to keep the peace. That's something I hope Pedestrian can help out with. So, best of luck to Pedestrian and the mod team in the future!