Music Banter - View Single Post - Depression and suicide
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 06:16 AM   #274 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

So you think that someone who is depressed can't realize the impact of their own death? I don't buy that for a second. Why wouldn't you be able to realize that? Even if your depression completely consumes you and you spend all day thinking of killing yourself, I don't think you would completely forget about your wife and kids. Why do so many suicide notes have apologies to relatives and family followed by "its just too hard" or something along those lines? I'm not someone who lets someone else hide behind their depression and let that excuse them from their irresponsible, cowardly behavior. So s_k, you don't think it is cowardly for a man to kill himself and leave behind a couple kids and a wife? Then what do you call it, normal? Acceptable? It's cowardly, period. And none of us here have committed suicide obviously so lets not pretend anyone who has been depressed knows what a suicide coward is going through mentally. Cause even if you were super depressed, you didn't go as far as to actually kill yourself. I do feel bad for people who resort to suicide, but I'm just as much disgusted by them when they leave behind people who needed them.