Music Banter - View Single Post - Depression and suicide
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 09:02 AM   #278 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian E Coleman View Post
Just to but in here and drop an opinion without doing any other reading in the thread (at least I'm honest)

I don't think you can call suicide cowardly. I don't even think you can call it selfish. It depends on the circumstances, but in most situations you're talking about someone who has a mental disorder. Suicide hurts lots of people, not just the person who commits it. Despite this, in the mindset of a depressed suicide victim, it's not giving up, it's escape. And I think that's an important difference.
I agree with some of the points Dirty made but not all of them. Suicide is cowardly AND selfish. Most people that attempt suicide and fail is because they were too much of a coward to do it the right way and off their selves. The people that constantly talk about suicide and keep threatening to do it are also cowardly and just crying out for help. If someone wanted to really commit suicide they would plot out all of the details in there head so there is no way that they can fail and to not set off any alarms so that someone could stop them. They pretend to be happy/normal around people so that they can get it over and done with, without having someone interrupt their process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oojay View Post
I don't believe that suicide is cowardly. You could shoot yourself and live, being disfigured for the rest of your life. You could hang yourself and have someone cut you down halfway through, leaving you a braindead vegetable. Most methods of suicide have atleast some risk of failure involved. It takes some guts to end your own life. If someone is considering suicide, people calling them a coward would only help to push them over the edge.
the act of suicide is pretty ballsy but most people that attempt are cowards and haven't thought it through so that's why they fail. If they really want to kill themselves they would come up with the best solution to do it and work through all of the scenarios in their head so that it doesn't fail at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
I don't believe for a second that nobody thinks about it. And for those who don't, they are idiots. Why wouldn't you think of the negative impact your own suicide could have on others? I mean whether they do think about it or not isn't really that important I guess. At the end of the day, they are still pure cowards killing themselves and leaving people they love to have to pick up all the pieces
When people are depressed and suicidal they become very selfish and only think of themselves. Woe is me? why doesn't anyone care? why should I even bother? If I go it's not like anyone is going to care? blah blah blah...loads of whining and being super selfish.

They don't stop to think about their wife or kids or anyone else for that matter. it's all about ME ME ME.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.