Music Banter - View Single Post - Depression and suicide
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 10:29 AM   #287 (permalink)
CanwllCorfe
Quiet Man in the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I know that is how they feel like it's a dead end and they feel like they can't provide for their family but it's not the end of the world. There are always other options. It's still selfish on his part. How is him being dead helping his family now? they are still going to be struggling. He could've atleast had the balls to stay alive and figure out a way to provide for his family. It's almost like he didn't want the responsibility anymore and he gave up. Still SELFISH!
You can't KNOW what he was thinking. They're not even close to being in a logical mindset. Don't forget that they kill themselves. It's pretty hard to imagine how much anguish they were feeling. And I believe my point STILL stands. Yes, he could have still helped them, but not in the way that he knew how. He had no plan B. Just imagine looking at your kid and your wife, thinking that you can't help them. You can't just say "well he should have thought THIS". That's like asking a murderer, "HEY, DID YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT THEIR FAMILY?!?!" People of sound mind don't commit suicide, obviously. And they're fully aware of what problems it will cause. So I don't think anyone can point the finger at them and say what they're doing is "selfish" because we really don't know what's going through their head. Especially one that's obviously compromised.