Music Banter - View Single Post - NHL Thread
Thread: NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 01:53 PM   #839 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Yorke View Post
East - Round 1
1. Capitals vs. 8. Rangers - Capitals in 5
2. Flyers vs. 7. Sabres - Flyers in 4
3. Bruins vs. 6. Canadiens - Bruins in 7
4. Penguins vs. 5. Lightning - Penguins in 6

West - Round 1
1. Canucks vs. 8. Blackhawks - Canucks in 6
2. Sharks vs. 7. Kings - Kings in 7
3. Red Wings vs. 6. Coyotes - Red Wings in 6
4. Ducks vs. 5. Predators - Predators in 6

East - Round 2
1. Capitals vs. 4. Penguins - Capitals in 7
2. Flyers vs. 3. Bruins - Bruins in 6

West - Round 2
1. Canucks vs. 7. Kings - Canucks in 5
3. Red Wings vs. 5. Predators - Predators in 7

East - Conference Finals
1. Capitals vs. 3. Bruins - Bruins in 6

West - Conference Finals
1. Canucks vs. 5. Predators - Canucks in 5

Stanley Cup Finals
1. Canucks vs. 3. Bruins - Bruins in 7 (No homer... Well, maybe just a bit)

I doubt this would happen, because having to go through your 3 biggest rivals would be emotionally/physically draining enough without having to face the best team in the league. I can dream though.

A few general thoughts:

- Bruins/Habs and Canucks/Blackhawks will be amazing. These are the top 2 rivalries in the league right now. If the Canucks can get this monkey off their back, it's tough to not like their chances.

- Lightning, Sabres and Penguins are overrated. These are teams that got a massive boost from shootouts and overtime (no shootouts or 4-on-4 OT in the playoffs). The only reason I like the Penguins to do some damage is due to the expectation that Crosby willcome back, and because I REALLY don't like Tampa for the playoffs.

- The Ducks are the sexy pick right now, and I really don't like them just because of that. That type of team always seems to fizzle out. They have some goaltending issues right now too.

- Rinne will go Halak this year, only to get destroyed in the WCF (at least one Conference Finals game usually ends up in a blowout).

- I have no basis for Kings over Sharks other than a gut feeling.

- I am fairly confident that the top 4 seeds in the East will win the first round, and am somewhat confident that 2 of the top 3 seeds will be in the ECF. Nothing would really surprise me in the West outside of the Blackhawks beating the Canucks. Of course there's always something that comes out of left field though.
KINGS OVER THE SHARKS? LOL Do you even watch hockey? The Kings are gonna get swept under the rug.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote