Music Banter - View Single Post - Depression and suicide
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 07:21 PM   #355 (permalink)
Sansa Stark
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
People might depend on someone else who is suicidal, but that's not the only reason they don't want them to kill themselves. Which is how you are making it sound. It's someone they care about and want them to succeed in life, not give up. You even said yourself that nobody really wants to die. It isn't selfish to want someone you care about to not kill themselves lol.
What other reasons are these? For their own enjoyments and reasons as I have previously stated, again. More than likely its for reasons like that or for their own peace of mind, and I don't think that anyone should have to do anything that violates their own free will. Yes, obviously I already said that no one wants to die but people in that situation may not see any way to fix their situation other than suicide, which would seem logical TO STOP THE PAIN. It is selfish for you to want someone not to stay alive when they are so miserable, it is not selfish to care about someone and not want them to die. It is selfish not to attempt to lessen the pain that the person in question is feeling, yet expect them to "man up" and deal with things. It is not always that easy and people who act that way are ****s. If your reasoning is how it affects the people left behind, what about the person who was so distraught they felt they had no other way out? Should they live their lives feeling helpless and depressed? Do you have any idea how difficult it is to deal with depression or any mental illness? How hard it is to seek help on your own in a society that both demonises and trivalises mental illness?