Music Banter - View Single Post - The Send Someone Something They Dont Listen To but May Like Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 12:50 PM   #577 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

from James:

Windy & Carl - Depths

in the two or so months of absence from this site i've listened to this album at least 16 times ....upon first listen i really enjoyed the soft drone the develops throughout the entire album...and immediately thought that this would be a perfect album to listen to will trying to sleep....if anything for its relaxing qualities....but just the fact the the music literally takes your mind away from itself.....and it really is a perfect album to relax and clean the slate with....but there is also an undeniable intensity with the cool waves of droning sound and vocals....each song is within itself and unique....but at the same time the entire album is some what of a concept involving the ocean (i assume...the lyrics on this album are so quiet that even when you hear them you really have to strive to hear the words ....but again the music come in waves....and like the ocean at times the are calm and at times they are life threatening)

its a real treat to hear this sort of drone guitar work and have it be without a sort of "evil" of doom mentality (don't get me wrong i live for that shit)

nice suggestion James

from TheFolkslave:

Empyrium - Weiland

so again this album got quite a bot of play in the past few weeks....and again when i first listened to it i thought this is a great album for resting

the mixture of traditional folk and ambient atmosphere was relaxing and intense at the same time.....this album as a whole is not much different from the solitary track on 'Whom the Moon a Nightsong Sings' (which i love).....although i must admit that my German is a bit lacking these days i still fell that i got the basic idea of what they are saying and there is a nice juxtaposition of both the somber and the uplifting here....i love the vocals on this album....almost as if this were opera at times....especially when mixed with the string arrangements....i really like this album but have to wonder why this band is so commonly lumped with metal acts?
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote