Music Banter - View Single Post - Is It Better To Have Loved, And Lost? Than To Have Never Loved At All?
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 06:32 AM   #51 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
I agree with this. It's just like the human idea of happiness. For some reason, everyone thinks if we work hard enough we can get to some point where we will be forever happy. That notion causes so much stress and depression it's ridiculous. Happiness is fleeting just like love.

There is a reason couples need to do something to "put the spark back into it". They need to be reminded of the reasons they fell in love with that person in the first place. It is one thing to think of those reasons and another to feel them.

Haha...I think everyone can tell the things that have been on my mind recently.
I disagree with the Happiness part. The pursuit of happiness is one that many attempt to achieve and get to the point where they can live and lead a stress-free life. It is attainable and it can stay forever once you achieve it. The whole thing about it is that one person's version of ultimate happiness isn't going to be the same as another what another person thinks they should achieve.

The spark you are talking about is romance, they still love each other as in they care about them and they don't want to see harm done to them. The thing you are talking about is romance. There are varying degrees of love. There is the romantic love that you share with your partner and then there is the more platonic love that you share with friends and family. That's the main reason why I say that love is more permanent that people like to believe but I guess i was more concentrated on the platonic love. Sure you could stop loving someone in a platonic way but those relationships between friends and family usually are more permanent and more long term than romantic love.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote