Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Respected Musician?
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 12:58 PM   #28 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozinbloozin View Post
What does that have to do with the reasons I stated? Thats a whole different topic all together that lands somewhere under morally ****ed up. Supposedly Kobe Bryants a ****in rapist, but what the hell does that have to do with the 5 championship rings he has? Nothing not a damn thing.... Jimi Hendrix used to beat up his girlfriends on countless numbers of occasions, and that affects what he did musicly none. I interpreted the thread as who we respect from a musical standpoint....not a moral one... I didnt know anything of what you posted, but it doesnt change my opinion of his accomplishments either.
I guess if Micheal Vick wins the super bowl he's not a great player because he killed dogs. Off the field antics and personal moral issues dont sway my perception of recognizing talent. Doesnt mean I want to hang out and drink beer with them...just recognition for what they accel at.
Suppose. Still, it bothers the hell out of me.
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote