Music Banter - View Single Post - Regarding the future of religion
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 07:26 PM   #183 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian E Coleman View Post
Good job whoever's posting Christopher Hitchens. He's brilliant when it comes to debating religion and God.

As cardboard adolescent basically said in a previous post, there is no such thing as objective purpose. Even if God does exist that doesn't mean everything God does is good, or that I should want to be part of God's plan. We make our own purpose, our own fate, our own choices. If you need a fictional invisible entity to make you feel like you have a purpose, than your life probably really is an empty void of meaninglessness.
How do you know for sure it's empty void of meaninglessness and not an empty void of meaningnessless? Whether you choose the former over the latter or the latter over the former in essence by your estimation it's only a subjective preference. And if it's all subjective anyway, then really than one can conclude it can also be possible that a person's life can be filled with meaningfulness as well, either with a God or a even "fictional invisible entity" - which ever one prefers.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote