Music Banter - View Single Post - Thrash Metal Revival
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 01:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
EvilChuck
#based

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
I haven't really been able to get into much modern thrash. Theres just something about a cleaner sounding production that doesn't agree with me much.

I did however really get into Warbringers War Without End at one point, but then wen't off that too. I may give it another go sometime.

I haven't been particularly impressed by what Evile I have listened to, I was on the fence with Municipal Waste and I have some Toxic Holocaust but I can't even remember what it sounds like to be honest.
Evile's first was a quality pure thrash album I thought, but it was pure thrash with no compromise which isnt always everyone's cup of tea. Their second album was a bit more mature, they were better in their songwriting and didnt rely on pure speed in every song.

Municipal Waste you need to be in the right headspace for, they are very much a party band to me. Have some friends round for a barbecue and some beers, and throw on MW and it just works.

Toxic Holocaust are probably my favourite of the modern thrash bands mentioned in all honesty. Joel Grind has a great vocal, its alot closer to a death grunt than most thrash bands use and I much prefer that over the more typical higher pitched vocals used in thrash.
EvilChuck is offline   Reply With Quote