Music Banter - View Single Post - The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 03:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Zer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
I got into them with their debut as well. It ended up on some best of the year lists and I heard the word shoegaze tossed around, so I was immediately interested. At first listen, they were nothing special but they had this innocent charm about their music that really intrigued me. It is seriously that charm that kept me coming back, because let's face it - their music is nothing revelatory. It is just so. damn. addictive...

And yes, their latest album Belong is a huge step up. I want to hear something drastically different on the next album, but they absolutely perfected their current sound with this one.

For those interested, the drummer and guitarist were both in the Depreciation Guild before they broke up.
Yeah that pretty much sums them up for me. They're obviously not the most inventive band around at the moment but they just do what they do so well. In some cases having great songs just beats musicianship and originality. They're one of those bands that if you like them you end up becoming hooked on them, and that addictiveness just doesn't wear off.

I only found out that The Depreciation Guild broke up a month ago. I would have loved another album from them.