Music Banter - View Single Post - Eminem- Recovery
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 05:15 PM   #66 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by milano View Post
This album regardless of his older stuff, is pretty solid. I am in the popular opinion where his older stuff is better, because well...that's just it, it is. But...hearing this album was a nice refreshing change from when he released Relapse. Don't get me wrong, that album was fine and all, but it really wasn't the "Eminem sound" I was wanting to hear. I read up on some of the lyrics, and they were great, but I just couldn't get used to the style he was using for his "vocal accent" or whatever you call it. He didn't sound like himself in that album. So hearing this, and hearing all his "purity" made it worthwile.

Hit the nail on the head. It didn't matter how good his lyrics were on Relapse, though accents just ruin it for me. I hate when he raps like that. Just from a talent stand point I think Em has improved a lot since Slim Shady and Marshall Mathers LPs. Even if the songs aren't as good as those older classics, I think his flow and lyrical creativity is as good as ever. Not Afraid has been so over played and I still love it because of how creative the rhyme schemes and lyrics are.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote