Music Banter - View Single Post - Iraq war - yes or no?
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 12:56 PM   #22 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

at the end of the day, i don't think anyone can dispute the fact that the war was a hostile invasion of another country without any provocation and is a blatant violation of international law ( it wasn't the first nor will it be the last time america brakes the international law whilst demanding that others respect it, hypocrisy? yes. does it bother me? slightly. will i lose sleep over it. i would say no. ).
point number one: iraq is in anarchy right now and the fact that the Iraqis were able to vote for their government for the first time in many years does not mean that government controls the country or can ensure their safety.
point number two: tens of thousands of Iraqis have died since the beginning of the war, and more then a thousand americans, those numbers are rising every day. those americans ( and this may sound harsh) died in vain, they did not die fighting for the freedom of their country like many would have you believe, they died because they were soldiers by profession and had to obey what they have been told to do. and that was to wage a pointless ( to me ) war so Bush could tell the american citizens he is making them safer ( which couldn't be further from the truth, if anything the war has destabilized the region and pissed off more belligerent arabs ).
point number three: the prices of oil going up was something the american government did not count on when they started the war, they did not foresee this scenario of total mayhem.( and the price of oil going up has to do with many factors, a hurricane approaching the coast of venezuela and oil workers strike in nigeria would be some of them )

Last.fm