Music Banter - View Single Post - What Musicians Have You Met?
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 04:04 PM   #23 (permalink)
Moon Pix 1985
Groupie

I have met Chan Marshall (Cat Power) and have had the priviledge of chattingwith her at length on several occassions.

I also met Henry Rollins in what were billion to one circumstances. I went to Birmingham (in the UK not Alabama) to see the Dark Knight at the cinema and when I came out I was walking to the bus stop and Henry came up to me saying "that Black Flag shirt is so gay man." I just happened to be wearing the only Black Flag shirt I owned at the time. It turned out that he was in Birmingham to do a spoken word show (which I ended up going to - he was hilarious). Anyway we spoke for about 5 minutes and had a nice talk. He's a funny guy off stage as well but he has a very intense stare. He stares right through you. I don't think he means anything by it though.

Ive also very briefly met Judah Bauer (he was playing guitar in Cat Power but I didnt really think much of him) and Kevin Shields from My Bloody Valentine. I didnt really get to say too much to them though. Patti Smith too but it was just a quick hello.
Moon Pix 1985 is offline   Reply With Quote