Music Banter - View Single Post - aliens
Thread: aliens
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 06:06 PM   #72 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Pat View Post
I agree. I remember him on a series called The Universe on the History Channel, and he does a fantastic job at explaining things.
I watched that too. In fact I have been watching a shedload of documentaries recently regarding the universe and only the most narrow minded fool could suggest that we are the only active species in the universe.

In our present lifetime we have little chance of encountering anything else but even our own solar system has blown the scientific world apart over the last 20 years. The most active volcano is a moon orbiting Jupiter and although it doesn't support life (or what we class as life on a one to one basis), it shows how little we know about the universe and how pompous we are in thinking that we are the only intelligent life out there.

I am certainly not one of those wishing for us to be visited by another world as that would suggest that we are useless as they got to us first and we are not all that but the simple fact is that if u lay a piece of A4 paper down in front of you, the earth is not even a dot in any given corner. It is that inconsequential in the universe.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote