Music Banter - View Single Post - Konstantin Raudive - Voices of the Dead (2002) [SAA Album Club discussion thread]
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 07:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
starrynight
Music Addict

I only heard the start of it so far. Not that impressed though it certainly sounds weird. If it has long stretches of German through it that might test my patience as I don't understand it. Not sure they are actually voices of the dead either. Not that I don't have some consideration that there might be some form of 'spirit' life but taking that a step further into hearing voices is a bit of a further leap. Not that that should have any consideration in judging the music of course, though it might seem from the title that it is being sensationalist. And ultimately is it just trying to tap into those ghost cliches from horror films and legends by just trying to create a creepy sound instead of something more different? Can people manage to escape that when looking at this kind of subject or are we inevitably shaped by all the baggage that has built up over hundreds of years?

Last edited by starrynight; 04-21-2011 at 07:34 AM.
starrynight is offline   Reply With Quote