Music Banter - View Single Post - Approval of President Obama
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 10:02 AM   #38 (permalink)
TockTockTock
They/Them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abearmauledme View Post
It makes me sad to see that our president has such a low approval rating. I am pretty sure that racism still has a very large part in it. people will not admit it, but there are a lot of rednecks out there. The way it seems to me, republicans don't really care what happens as long as democrats don't succeed. of course it isn't only the gop, but it seems to be mostly coming from the right. Its a vicious cycle. Then of course there are all the ridiculous lies that people still believe in, such as that obama is not an american citzen, or that there are more people out of work now than when he came into office, or that he has ****ed up our economy even more.
Apparently 1/4 of Americans don't believe that Obama was born in the U.S., but that was a poll taken several months ago, so... it might have changed.

As for his approval ratings, low approval ratings are always natural when it comes to having a president in office for a certain amount of time. He's around 40-50% (I think), which actually is pretty good considering he's been president for about three years.