Music Banter - View Single Post - The Tea Party Movement
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 07:08 PM   #55 (permalink)
hip hop bunny hop
Music Addict

Quote:
The only way I see her getting to the White House now is if she ran for Vice President with Michele Bachmann.

I'm going to stop and just let the image of a Bachmann-Palin ticket sink in....
There are many reasons to be grateful for the prodigious amount of sexist conservatives in the USA. One reason is that it will be a cold day in hell when a woman wins the GOP primary. Sarah Palin, even at the height of her popularity, would never have won the primaries.

Quote:
Still not much better, though. You could justify just about anything with that logic. "While I'm not a necrophiliac, I don't think it's right for a society to forbid corpse-****ing."
That's not accurate. His opposition the Civil Rights Act of '64 isn't just because he dislikes government interfering with business; he takes the Libertarian argument that the Federal Government is barred from making such laws due to the 10th Amendment.

So, it's more like: "While I'm not a necrophiliac, I don't think it's right for the Federal Government to forbid corpse-****ing. The constitution explicitly states regulating such behavior is the providence of States and/or other local Governments."
hip hop bunny hop is offline   Reply With Quote